TTT Lives On if You're Patient Enough!


For the past several months, I have not had the ability to write fiction. So much non-fiction drama clouds our lives it's often difficult to imagine otherwise. Therefore, this story has smoldered in the fires of my back-mind. They nag me, these characters and story lines.

Never fear, dear readers. Terry the Terrible Troll lives on. He's simply awaiting my final thrust to push him to the probably-bloody, possibly-hopeful finale. The story is 2/3 written. My goal is to finish it before this year reaches summer. Meanwhile, I have been reading what happened so far, formulating ideas as to how Terry will progress.

Each of us has incidents in life which cause a pause. As any serious writer can agree, mine are less vital excuses to finish a story which burns within. It's more a failure to launch than anything else. Self-doubt, fear of what lies behind these fiery fingertips, even more the frightening reality that very few writers achieve our ultimate goal: to grasp the imagination of enough people to make lucrative our art.

I do not write with that ultimate goal in mind. I do so simply because it's fun, and that's all it should be. Right? Once I finish the story, then edit, send it out to a select trusted few to tear it apart and nail me to a tree for my obvious misgivings as a writer, then I will hopefully correct what's wrong and TTT will become presentable. At that point, I'll submit it for review to a lad I chose long ago to illustrate it. If he still agrees to do so after reading, he will provide some stark drawings to accompany it. Perhaps then I'll be able to publish TTT.

Until then, I beg your patience. Fiction is an art I have rarely achieved. Post publication of  this book leads to an even bigger, more challenging endeavor: a TV show about transit workers. Somewhere in between, I hope to produce a Second Edition of "JUST DRIVE-Life in the Bus Lane". Lurking ever closer is the novel I began 25 years ago, 1100 pages hence, whose characters constantly nag me to to complete their story.

Hey, it once took me 10 years to finish building my daughter's dollhouse. I presented this handcrafted masterpiece to her just before her 18th birthday. Late I may often be, but usually more stubborn. At some point, my hope is to offer you something to truly be proud of.

Thank you for reading, for believing in my ability to entertain, and sticking around long enough to read whatever comes next. 

Happy New Year y'all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 Minutes Bleeds into Eternity

Beware the Bicyclist Predator

Letting the Troll Take Over